PA120089

According to http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Cabana/9424/page3.html (search for Bartholomew Passage), the gatehouse had been tiled over and was only revealed in 1915, when the tiles were damaged by German Zeppelin bombs. The western facade, facing Smithfield, was restored to its Elizabethan glory in 1916. The remainder of the building was restored in 1932 under Rector Rev. Canon E. Sidney Savage.

Previous Home Next